Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Here I am, taking a break from... well, writing something else, actually. I'm working on the player's guide for the d20 adaptation of the DemonWars Saga series of novels by R. A. Salvatore. Mucho fun.


And I finally found the album Heaven or Las Vegas by the Cocteau Twins. I was certain I had lost it in the move and was ready to buy a new copy when it shoed up. I am personally convinced that if you haven't heard Liz Fraser singing you have missed an important, perhaps life-changing, event. I don't know how many reviewers have compared her to an angel. Heck, when they needed someone to sing the Elvish Lament in Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring they got Liz. By herself.


And she sounded just like what I thought elves would sound like when I was 12 and read the books for the first time.


Let me put it this way - I'm such a big fan of Liz that I not only have her agent's phone number and email address (I was an intelligence goober in the army, ya' know), but I've written to him about how my wife and I can get to meet her (Jen is a huge Liz fan, too). He's nice, BTW, not what you'd expect from an agent based on how Hollyweird portrays them in movies, and makes vague comments about her next big tour in America.


Fair enough.


Until then, though, I'll keep listening to songs like Iceblink Luck and Frou-Frou Foxes in Midsummer (from this album) or my all time favorite, Treasure Hiding.


And no, Hjalmer, I won't give you the agent's contact info - he made me promise not to if we want to meet Liz.


In my place you'd do the same thing.

No comments: